The new Surrey International Scholarship for Psychology 2019 entry available only to overseas fee payers. Scholarships are available for overseas students.
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and professional success.
- Applications Deadline: Open for applications
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study full-time MSc programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Department of Psychology at the University of Surrey.
- Scholarship Award: To be eligible, applicants must hold an offer to study a full-time MSc course offered within the Department of Psychology at the University of Surrey, where we may award £5,000 for offer holders achieving a UK first-class honours (or international equivalent) and £2,500 for those achieving a UK 2:1 with honours (or international equivalent).
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for overseas students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for overseas students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must achieve either a 2:1 or a first-class honours degree or equivalent and be an overseas fee-paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees).
You must be self-funded, paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship.
You must apply for your chosen course within the permitted time frame and confirm your wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline.
You must be an offer holder for a full-time programme in one of the below courses starting in the academic year 2019/20:
- Developmental Psychology in Research and Practice MSc
- Environmental Psychology MSc
- Health Psychology MSc
- Psychology (Conversion) MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology MSc
- Social Psychology MSc
English Language Requirements: The following qualifications are accepted by the University
as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
How to Apply: There is no formal application procedure for this scholarship. The University will identify any potential candidates.