The Massey University is offering Peter Turner Scholarship in Documentary Photography. New Zealand and Australian citizens enrolling for full-time study leading to the Degree of Master of Fine Arts in Photography are eligible to apply.
The Peter Turner scholarship has been established in memory of the late Peter Turner; esteemed author, editor, publisher, curator, and former teacher at the Wellington School of Design. Peter Turner came to New Zealand from London, England, with a long-established international reputation for his renowned editorship of the British photography journal Creative Camera.
The College comprises the internationally recognized School of Design and School of Art, and the newly established School of Music and Creative Media Production, Located in Wellington, NZ.
• Application Deadline: December 15, 2018.
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a master degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in Photography.
• Scholarship Award: One Scholarship shall be awarded each academic year to the value of $5,000.
• Number of Scholarships: Only one scholarship is available.
• Nationality: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
• Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
• Entrance Requirements:
New Zealand and Australian citizens enrolling for full-time study leading to the Degree of Master of Fine Arts in Photography are eligible to apply.
The course of study of the scholarship recipient shall be in the area of contemporary documentary photography. This is to be interpreted broadly and may include photographic inquiry related to personal, social, cultural, political, or community concerns. The principal outcome may be an exhibition, an archive project, a book, or a web exhibition, which together with an extended critical essay will be submitted for examination as required by the MFA regulations.
How to Apply: The mode of applying this scholarship is online.