The Trinity College Dublin is inviting applications for number of scholarships for Chinese nationals under the Claddagh Scholarship Programme.
Trinity is Ireland’s leading university and is ranked 88th in the world*. Trinity delivers world class education and employers worldwide hold Trinity graduates in high esteem. Graduates include Nobel Prize winners in literature, science and medicine; presidents and world leaders; award-winning actors and film makers; internationally renowned poets and playwrights, entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: March 29, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Undergraduate as well as Postgraduate programs.
- Study Subject: There are several scholarships available in the following areas: Full-time postgraduate programmes (except programmes from School of Business).
There are several scholarships available in the following areas: Full-time undergraduate programmes (except Medicine, Dentistry and Acting) – maximum of 10 scholarships available. Details of undergraduate programmes at Trinity can be found on the link below: https://www.tcd.ie/courses/undergraduate/az/
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships valued at €2,500 and €5,000 each, applied as a reduction to the tuition fees of a full-time undergraduate programme for the first year of study only. Scholarships valued at €2,500 and €5000 each, applied as a reduction to the tuition fees of a full-time postgraduate programme.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for Chinese nationals.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers of scholarships are available. There are a maximum number of 10 scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for Chinese nationals.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants who are normally resident in China, who have non-EU status and will pay non-EU tuition fees.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit the following documents to apply for the Claddagh Scholarship Programme:
- Cover letter outlining your full name, TCD application number (assigned by TCD when application is submitted) and name of programme you have applied for at Trinity College Dublin.
- 200 word statement on “how I will contribute to our Trinity College Dublin community.” – submit in Microsoft word document or pdf format
Please submit your scholarship application as follows:
- Email to: tcdchina-at-tcd.ie
- Subject line: your name and your applicant number
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of scholarship request
- No further communication until scholarship awards are made; awards will be made and successful candidates informed no later than Friday 19th April 2019
- Decision to accept scholarship is required on Friday 26th April 2019; the scholarship award will be confirmed with acceptance of your offer to attend TCD and payment of your deposit.
- You will be responsible for formally accepting the scholarship offer by email reply to tcdchina-at-tcd.ie.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of scholarship acceptance will come within 72 hours