The University of Sheffield is pleased to announce International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship starting in September 2019. Up to 50 scholarships are available for new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
Students may be required to take an internationally recognised English language test such as IELTS.
- Applications Deadline: April 19, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships are competitive awards worth 50% of the tuition fee for an undergraduate degree programme starting in September 2019.
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Number of Scholarships: 50 International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships in 2019 are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate programme at the University of Sheffield by 19 April 2019.
- Your programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Degree programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1 or year 2.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for this or any other undergraduate scholarship.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – 7 overall, 7 writing, 6 other sections
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Internet based test – 100 overall, 25 writing, 22 other sections
How to Apply: You will be able to apply for a scholarship via MUSE for applicants.